About our Charity
Thank you for your interest in joining our team. We welcome applications against any of our current vacancies but regret that we are unable to respond to general or speculative enquires. Due to the popularity of some vacancies, if we haven’t contacted you back within 28 days, please assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Trust for Sustainable Living
- Location: The Living Rainforest, Hampstead Norreys, Thatcham, Berkshire
- Job Type: Permanent
- Category: Admin, Finance
- Sectors: Education, Environment, Sustainable Development
- Job Reference : TSL/FM
Would you like to work for a friendly and dynamic charity working in the field of environmental and sustainability education?
We are seeking an experienced Finance Manager with strong accounting and financial skills to join us on a permanent, part time basis. Joining a small team based at The Living Rainforest centre in Hampstead Norreys, the Finance Manager will oversee the day-to-day finance functions of the charity and trading arm.
The post holder will help provide financial rigour and transparency and support accountable decision-making across the charity. Individuals with previous experience in the charity sector are particularly encouraged to apply. We are looking for someone who can engage with the charity’s stakeholders at all levels from staff, trustees and volunteers to visitors and grant funders.
Reporting to the executive director, you will lead a small finance department covering bookkeeping and accounts, banking and payment processing, grant reporting and general financial administration.
With significant administrative experience, you will be an effective and committed team player and enjoy helping colleagues across the organisation achieve their goals.
In order to be considered for this role, you must have a strong command of Sage Line 50 or similar.
Working as part of the senior management team, your responsibilities will include:
- financial administration and reporting
- quarterly management accounts
- annual financial accounts
- financial input to other periodic reports and returns
- annual budgeting
- separating the finances of the charity and trading arm
- VAT and Gift Aid returns
- overseeing an external payroll service
- some external procurement (e.g. insurance, electricity)
- company credit card transactions
- line-managing financial aspects of the Finance and HR Administrator’s duties
Previous experience or skill in the following is desirable:
- Charity finance management (e.g. grants, donations, restricted funds, Gift Aid)
- Financial reports from electronic Till and CRM systems
- Staff management
- Communications and people skills
This is a permanent, part time position (4 days/week).
Salary: £25,000-28,000 pro rata.
Depending on the candidate, the role has the potential to be broadened over the next 12-24 months to a full-time role with added administration management duties.
A more detailed job description will be provided to shortlisted candidates.
HOW TO APPLY
Please write to the HR Department with a recent CV and covering letter, via email to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 28 August 2015, mid-day.
Interviews are currently scheduled for 1st-2nd September 2015.
Subscribe to our newsletters
Enter your email address in the box provided to sign up for free email updates
About our charity
Learn more about the work done by The Trust for Sustainable Living... Read more