What to expect from a school visit
Last year, our acclaimed education programme welcomed over 22,000 schoolchildren to The Living Rainforest. Here is what teachers can expect:
- An exciting learning environment with 700 species of tropical rainforest plants and animals, including free-ranging birds, butterflies and small reptiles
- Guided tours ensure an engaging & immersive experience for all pupils
- An education officer to help you get the best from your day
- Choice of four tours: Amazing Adaptations, Edible Forest, Sustainable Future and Rainforest Medicines
- Teachers’ resources, including tour notes and worksheets, are available to download for each tour
- Indoor space with an allocated area for your group and outdoor seating with an excellent enclosed play area for warmer days
- Well stocked gift shop or goody bag service
- Risk Assessment letter, Risk Assessment and Emergency evacuation procedure documents are provided
Each guided tour lasts approximately 50 minutes. Schools are asked to be punctual - we regret that groups arriving late may need to have their tours shortened.
School visit pricing
Guided tours cost £77 excl. VAT (or £81.25 excl. VAT for visits after 1st September 2013). A group consists of up to 15 students and two adults. Extra individuals must pay a small surcharge (please ask for further information at time of booking).There are three time slots for school groups: 10.30am, 11.40am and 12.50pm. Up to four groups may be booked per time slot.We have a well stocked gift shop or we offer a goody bag service which can be arranged in advance of your visit. Revenue from the shop helps us keep school visit charges low so please use this service if possible.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) & Other Enquiries
Please click here for answers to Frequently Asked Questions on school visits.
If you have any further questions or wish to book please contact us on +44 (0)1635 202444, menu option 3 on weekdays between 9 am and 5.30 pm. Alternatively you can make enquiries with us via email email@example.com or download our School booking enquiry form and return it to us.
Annual International Schools Essay Competition
Learn about the 2013 International Schools Essay Competition – ‘Who is responsible … are we ready to take responsibility for the future of our planet?’ (Please note: The deadline for teacher registration & online essay submission is 22 March, 2013.)
We are inviting schoolchildren around the world (age 7-17) to tell us their views on the rights and responsibilities of different people in creating a more sustainable future. The Grand Prize Winner (+ Teacher + Parent) will receive a FREE trip to the Seychelles or the UK!
Subscribe to our newsletters
Enter your email address in the box provided to sign up for free email updates
About our charity
Learn more about the work done by The Trust for Sustainable Living... Read more