Are Sustainable Cities Possible?
There’s a wealth of information on ‘sustainable cities’ available online. However, as much of this material is aimed at adults rather than children, teachers will need to exercise their judgement as to what is suitable for use in the classroom.
To help get started, here are a few sites Teacher Champions might find useful for sharing with students or for developing classroom discussion materials or assignments:
- The UN ‘Sustainable Development Goals’ or ‘Global Goals’ – Goal 11: Sustainable cities and communities
- Global Dimension: World’s Largest Lesson: Sustainable cities and Cities: Our urban world
- Sustainablecities.org.uk: Building sustainable cities: A challenge
- SciDevNet: Transforming cities for sustainability
- BBC Bitesize (GCSE): Sustainable cities
- Sustainable Cities Collective: News and analysis
- Future Agenda: The future of cities
- ‘Sustainable cities’ news reports – please search
As ever, we encourage students to actively explore the subject for themselves and develop their own views on the subject.
Subscribe to our newsletters
Enter your email address in the box provided to sign up for free email updates
About our charity
Learn more about the work done by The Trust for Sustainable Living... Read more