News & Media
‘Dear Mr UN Secretary-General’ competition announces Secondary School Winners
885 children from 59 countries wrote open letters to the UN Secretary-General explaining what they think governments and world leaders should be doing to build a more sustainable future on planet Earth.
The Living Rainforest is pleased to announce that the winners of the Secondary Schools category are:
- 1st Prize: Auckland Girls Grammar School, New Zealand – Nardos Tilahun
- 2nd Prize: The Oratory School, UK – Theo Toaldo
- 3rd Prize: School Gymnasium #6, Kazakhstan – Ksenia Bashlykova
Nardos Tilahun also won the Grand Prize – a trip to attend the Rio+20 Earth Summit in Brazil in June 2012, with her Teacher Champion and a parent.
Special prizes were also awarded to the following Finalists:
- Environmental Education Unit, Seychelles– Anthea Lawrence
- Jephthah Comprehensive Secondary School, Nigeria– Kanu Brian
- Girls Secondary School, St. Theresa College, Malta- Amy-Christina Slater
- Haybridge High School, UK– Daniel Starks
Congratulations to the winners and to all who participated!
The winning essays were simultaneously published on the competition web page.
For further information, please visit the competition web page.
Subscribe to our newsletters
Enter your email address in the box provided to sign up for free email updates
About our charity
Learn more about the work done by The Trust for Sustainable Living... Read more